If you know Glen Meadows—as a resident, family member, business associate or friend—you know this is a special place. Our goal in all we do is to give residents the opportunity to live active, fulfilling lives in the company of caring neighbors and friends.
The Glen Meadows Foundation was started to generate funding to support the mission of Glen Meadows. There are a variety of projects and funds available, including funds for benevolent care and scholarships for employees; and there are many options for making a contribution available, including arrangements that can provide income back to the donor.
Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Glen Meadows. Below are specific funds that have been previously established.
- The Benevolent Care Fund – addresses one of the greatest needs at Glen Meadows. Even after careful planning, some residents outlive their financial resources. This fund ensures that a resident needing assistance can continue to call Glen Meadows home and maintain their dignity and quality of life.
- The Jean S. Baumbach & The Litsinger Scholarship Funds – assist employees of Glen Meadows with educational expenses, such as books, workshops, tuition, certification or re-certification and technical skills training.
- Bequests – provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes on how their assets will be used by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of their choosing. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution so as to comply with state requirements.
- Memorial Gifts - honor the life of a resident and recognize the loving care and service of the staff.
- Glen Meadows Foundation Spring Appeal - In 2018, the Glen Meadows Foundation contributed $103,098 to renovate the Manor House front lobby, receptionist area and adjacent meeting and social spaces. With your gift in 2019 you can support upcoming Foundation projects that may include renovating the Manor House Chapel, upgrading the sound system in the Great Hall, or providing a mechanical lift by the patio homes and/or other proposals under consideration at this time by the Foundation’s Board. Each year the Foundations’ Board members can also designate funds for the benevolent care needs of Glen Meadows’ residents. Benevolent care is for people who have outlived their own financial savings. Two staff scholarships are also managed by the GM Foundation, the Litsinger and Baumbach scholarships. The Jean S. Baumbach scholarship supports team members who are pursuing a degree in nursing or education. The Virginia Raine Litsinger scholarship assists those who are pursuing any degree or certification program. $2,500 is provided by the GM Foundation each year to support these two staff scholarships. Your donation helps provide education!
To discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference, contact Maggie Bowley, Vice President of Resource Development, at (717) 502-8873 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Peter Dabbenigno, Executive Director, at (410) 319-5122 or email: email@example.com.