If you know Green Ridge Village—as a resident, family member, business associate or friend—you know this is a special place. Our goal in all we do is to give residents the opportunity to live active, fulfilling lives in the company of caring neighbors and friends.
The Green Ridge Village Fund was established by former residents Jack and Helen Poorman with their contribution of $74,500. The income from this fund is used exclusively for the charitable care needs of residents of Green Ridge Village in all levels of care. The principal remains invested to ensure for the future that help will be there.
Today the fund has grown to over $1 million thanks to the many gifts from residents, family members, the Auxiliary and other friends. These gifts come in the form of memorials, tributes, bequests, gifts of insurance, IRAs and even corporate matching funds.
Gifts of any amount are gratefully received, and there are many options for making a contribution, including arrangements that can provide income back to the donor. Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Green Ridge Village. Below are specific funds that have been previously established:
- Chapel in the Pines Fund – provides resources for the perpetual care of the Chapel which offers a tranquil place for intimate prayer and contemplation.
- Dan and Carol Cash Walking Trail Endowment Fund – provides resources for the expansion and maintenance of walking trails throughout the GRV community. In addition, funds may be designated towards benches and exercise stations along the trails.
- Memorial Tree Fund – provides resources for trees to be planted in memory or honor of loved ones.
- Walking Trail Endowment Fund – Your support is needed to help grow the endowment fund to ensure that the Green Ridge Village community will continue to provide a haven for nature lovers. The growth of this endowment will generate funding for the development and extension of paved and unpaved walking trails throughout the Green Ridge Village campus.
- Auxiliary – the mission of the all-volunteer Auxiliary is to raise funds to be used to enhance the lives of residents receiving Personal Care and long-term care services.
- Bequests – provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes on how their assets will be used by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of their choosing. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution so as to comply with state requirements.
- Memorial Gifts – honor the life of a resident and recognize the loving care and service of the staff.
The following is our new Community Enhancements appeal. We ask that you consider supporting one of the items listed below as a tribute to the Founders of Green Ridge Village. Your annual gifts totaling $150 or more to any of our Community Enhancements projects will qualify you for membership in the Founder's Club at Green Ridge Village.
- Spa Tub for Carriage Courts – $28,000
Please contact Maggie Bowley, Vice President of Resource Development, at (717) 502-8873, email: email@example.com to discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference. You can also contact Hope Lambert, Executive Director, at (717) 749-2310 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.