Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Kirkland Village. Gifts of all sizes and many types are welcome in support of our charitable mission. There are a variety of projects and funds available, including funds for benevolent care, special capital improvements, scholarships for employees, and more. There are many options for making a contribution, including arrangements that can provide income back to the donor. Below are specific funds that have been previously established and generously supported by the friends and residents of Kirkland Village.
- The Kirkland Village (Endowment) Fund for Charitable Care – This fund was founded by residents to generate funds to provide benevolent care for those entering Kirkland Village as independent living residents whose ability to meet the full cost of their care has been diminished. This is part of our core mission that no one is ever asked to leave their Presbyterian Senior Living home due to having outlived their resources.
- Library Endowment Fund – To assure that our resident-created and directed library has sufficient funds to acquire new books and manage its resources in the future.
- Staff Scholarship Fund – An endowed fund to provide continuing education to Kirkland’s workforce to meet the changing demands of seniors and provide quality care in the future.
- Unrestricted Gifts – These gifts of all sizes and many types go directly to charitable care to support those who joined our community as independent living residents whose ability to meet the full cost of their care has been reduced. (Charitable care support is provided in complete confidentiality, and all residents are treated the same regardless of the source of their support.) This is part of our core mission that no one is ever asked to leave their Presbyterian Senior Living home due to having outlived their resources.
- Bequests – Provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes for the use of their assets by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate or significant gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of choice. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution to comply with state requirements.
- Memorial Gifts – Honor the life of a resident or other designee and recognize the loving care and service of the staff.
The following is our new Community Enhancements appeal. We ask that you consider supporting one of the items listed below as a tribute to the Founders of Kirkland Village. Your annual gifts totaling $150 or more to any of our Community Enhancements projects will qualify you for membership in the Founder's Club at Kirkland Village.
- New Tent for the Courtyard - Price to be determined
- Second Shower for Women's Locker Room for the Fitness Center - $10,000
- Pavilion & Seating for near Health Center entrance - $10,000
To discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference, contact Maggie Bowley, Vice President of Resource Development, at (717) 502-8873 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Michelle Morton, Executive Director, at (610) 691-4596 or email email@example.com.