If you know Quincy Village—as a resident, family member, business associate or friend—you know this is a special place. Our goal in all we do is to give residents the opportunity to live active, fulfilling lives in the company of caring neighbors and friends.
Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Quincy Village. Below are specific funds that have been previously established.
- The Benevolent Care Fund – addresses one of the greatest needs at Quincy Village. Even after careful planning, some residents outlive their financial resources. This fund ensures that a resident needing assistance can continue to call Quincy Village home and maintain their dignity and quality of life.
- Project Christmas – this fund is open in November and December of each year and is designated to provide gifts for our residents who do not have an extended family.
- Bequests – provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes on how their assets will be used by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of their choosing. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution so as to comply with state requirements.
- Memorial Gifts - honor the life of a resident and recognize the loving care and service of the staff.
- Project Christmas – The joy of the Christmas season is in the giving…and remembering – not just our family and friends, but those in need. The symbol of the Red Christmas Stockings is a long-standing tradition at Quincy Village. Project Christmas 2019 provides an opportunity for our friends, our families and our neighbors to spread the good cheer and warmth of the season with those we serve in the Colestock Health Center, Personal Care and Parker Houses. Your support will help our busy elves purchase a special gift for each person living in these areas this Christmas. At present, there are approximately 200 residents who will benefit from Project Christmas 2019. With your help, we will spend about $8,000 this year for this special holiday project. Contributions over and above our goal will be added to the Quincy Village Benevolent Care Fund, which assists residents who have outlived their own financial resources and keeps them supported in this warm and loving home.
The following is our Community Enhancements appeal. Quincy Village has developed a plan to create a new spacious outdoor patio area located at the top of the Village Green for residents to gather together and socialize with their friends and family. This beautiful new outdoor space will provide a multi-functional area for outdoor concerts, picnics, special group meetings and individual resident gatherings within our community.
The current vision is to provide a spacious patio with a fire pit, pergola, and plantings to create separate spaces for various uses. Additional soft furnishings will include patio tables with umbrellas for informal seating and dining, chairs for concerts, and comfortable cushioned lounge furniture for the fire pit area. Plenty of ample parking will be located nearby.
The total anticipated cost for fulfilling this vision is $125,000 for the purchase and installation of the hardscape terrace, plantings and soft furnishings.
To discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference, contact Sue Barthalow, Area Director of Resource Development, at (717) 432-1826 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Jodi Murphy, Executive Director, at (717) 749-2310 or email email@example.com.