If you know Ware Presbyterian Village – as a resident, family member, business associate or friend – you know this is a special place. Our goal in all we do is to give residents the opportunity to live active, fulfilling lives in the company of caring neighbors and friends.
The Village Care Fund was established with an initial anonymous gift of $75,000$75,000 to Ware Presbyterian Village in 2002 to celebrate Presbyterian Homes’ 75th Anniversary and Ware’s 25th. This gift initiated an endowment fund, The Village Care Fund, with its income used for charitable care for residents of all Ware neighborhoods – health center, personal care and independent living – in financial need. The Fund’s principal remains intact under the terms of the gift.
Gifts of any amount are gratefully received and there are many options for making a contribution, including arrangements that can provide income back to the donor. Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Ware Presbyterian Village. Below are specific funds that have been previously established:
- Auxiliary – The mission of the all-volunteer Auxiliary is to raise funds to be used to enhance the lives of residents receiving Personal Care and long-term care services.
- Eng Scholarship Fund - This fund established by Charles and Tai Eng awards annual educational scholarships to employees who pursue a career in any field, are wishing to achieve a certification, or want to attend a continuing education course.
- Florence Nightingale Scholarship Fund – This endowment, established by Charles and Dolores (Peg) Middleton, awards annual educational scholarships to employees who pursue a career in nursing.
- Guardian Angel Fund – Also established by the Middletons, this endowed fund is dedicated to the charitable care needs of residents with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of memory impairment.
- Remember, Honor, Celebrate Tribute Program – You can recognize a special occasion or accomplishment (birthday, anniversary, graduation), say “thank you” to caregivers or other staff, or memorialize a special person with a lasting gift to this fund. You may designate your gift to a particular project or area of Ware, such as charitable care, or allow us to use your gift where it is most needed.
- Bequests – Provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes on how their assets will be used by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of their choosing. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution so as to comply with state requirements.
Please contact Maggie Bowley, Vice President of Resource Development, at (717) 502-8873, email: email@example.com to discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference.