If you know Westminster Village in Dover—as a resident, family member, business associate or friend—you know this is a special place. Our goal in all we do is to give residents the opportunity to live active, fulfilling lives in the company of caring neighbors and friends.
Charitable Care is the hallmark of all that we do at Westminster Village. In the history of this community, no resident has been asked to leave due to their inability to continue to pay for the total cost of their care.
Gifts from residents, family members, and other friends in the form of memorials, tributes, bequests, gifts of insurance, and IRAs allow us to continue this mission. Gifts of any amount are gratefully received and there are many options for making a contribution, including arrangements that can provide income back to the donor.
Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Westminster Village in Dover, Delaware. Below are specific funds that have been previously established:
- Florence Nightingale Scholarship Fund – This endowment, established by the late Dr. Elizabeth Lloyd, awards annual educational scholarships to employees who pursue a career in nursing.
- Remember, Honor, Celebrate Tribute Program – You can recognize a special occasion or accomplishment (birthday, anniversary, graduation), say “thank you” to caregivers or other staff, or memorialize a special person with a lasting gift to this fund. You may designate your gift to a particular project or area of Westminster Village, such as charitable care, or allow us to use your gift where it is most needed.
- Benevolent Care – Since first opening its doors, Westminster Village has been dedicated to maintaining a home for its residents when they have outlived their resources. This provision of benevolent and charitable care is an important part of what sets us apart. In 2017, Westminster Village provided over $1,314,725 in benevolent and charity care to those who had exhausted their means to pay in full for their care. Your gift to the Benevolent Care Fund sends an important message. It says to your neighbors and friends that when they need help, you’ll be there. That’s because what is raised at Westminster Village stays at Westminster Village.
- Bequests – Provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes on how their assets will be used by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of their choosing. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution so as to comply with state requirements.
The following is our new Community Enhancements program. We ask that you consider supporting one of the items listed below as a way to support Westminster Village. Your annual gifts totaling $150 or more to any of our Community Enhancements projects will qualify you to be recognized as a member of the Founder's Club.
- Renovate Community Center Classroom - New flooring, paint, tables, chairs, artwork and TV - $25,000
- Induction Buffet Warmer/Chafer - For independent living dining room - $3,422
- Upgrade Parking Lot Lighting - For enhanced security and safety - $2,300
- Recliners - For Health Center residents - $1,082 per chair
- Towel/Blanket Warmer - For Chapelwood residents - $175 each
- Hot Food Cart - To offer "room service" for Transitional Care Unit residents - $4,500
To discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference, contact Mindy Fetherman, Area Director of Resource Development, at (484) 523-3024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Mary Ann Poling, Executive Director, at (302) 744-3550 or email: email@example.com.