Our goal is to have you be comfortable in your new cottage and that it be a reflection of you. In order to provide you with a comfortable, maintenance-free style of living, our new cottages include the following features:
- 24-Hour Maintenance Service
- Appliance Repair
- Cable TV Hookup
- Dining Living Room Area
- Emergency Response System (in both bedrooms and bathrooms)
- Fire, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Garbage Disposal
- Individually Controlled Heat and Air Conditioning
- One-Level Floor Plan with Aging in Place Features
- Pet Friendly
- Refrigerator / Freezer
- Resident Upgrades Possible
- Satellite TV Available
- Screened Porch or All Season Room (villas)
- Security System
- Spacious Closets
- Stainless Steel Sink
- Self Cleaning Stove
- Tobacco and Smoke Free
- Two Bedrooms / Two Bathrooms
- Wall-to-Wall Carpeting or Laminate
- Washer and dryer
We are licensed to provide in-home assistance with everyday tasks that may be difficult or unsafe for a resident to do alone. Professionally coordinated, our At-Home Services foster good health and will help to keep you independent.
At-Home Services are arranged for and provided by Westminster Woods’ staff who will work with you to develop a package of reasonably priced services tailored to meet your needs. Because we are on site, we don’t charge for travel time so you get more time with staff for the money. Westminster Woods also handles the criminal background checks, references, employee taxes and benefits, as well as insurance and workers compensation.
- Assistance with Morning or Evening Routines
- Caregiver Support Services
- Companion Care
- Assistance Following Hospital Stay or Health Center Discharge
- Cooking and Serving Meals
- Daily Check-In and Daily Paper Delivery to Door
- Homemaker Services (Non-Medical)
- Medication Management
- Personal Errands (dry cleaning, prescription pick up, etc.)
- Personal Laundry and Ironing
- Grocery Shopping
- Support with Routine Pet Care and Pet Appointments
- Escort to Medical Appointments
- Transportation to Medical and Other Appointments
We want to help you to feel free to create new friendships, embrace new hobbies, and achieve new goals. For this reason, Westminster Woods at Huntingdon offers a wide range of services to help you live an active and healthy lifestyle. Our Personal Trainer, fitness equipment and classes are available to residents at no additional charge. You'll be in the best shape of your life.
And to help you be the best you can be, our Terrace Community Center offers a Living Room with fireplace, Social Room, Fellowship Center, Juice Bar, Fitness Center, Group Exercise Studio, and Multipurpose Room for life-long learning. It's truly a great addition to the Westminster Woods at Huntingdon community.
We also offer a state-of-the-art skilled nursing facility—The Oaks. It's designed as a neighborhood where our staff, volunteers, and families work together to help you regain your independence, renew your strength, and live out your life in an accepting, supportive environment. We are Medicare and Medicaid certified and offer extensive rehabilitation services and resident-centered care.
Westminster Woods at Huntingdon offers many opportunities to engage with the greater Huntingdon, State College and Raystown communities through a wide variety of resident directed clubs, social and cultural opportunities. Some examples include:
- Art League Group
- Book Club
- Cards, Bridge, Dominos, etc.
- Caregiver's Support Group
- Coffee Klatch every other Friday
- Exercise Group
- Discussion Groups (Current Events, Bible Study and more)
- Leisure Park Activities Group
- Life-Long Learning Opportunities Provided by Juniata College and Various Speakers
- Resident Council
- Sewing/Knitting Group
- Social Hour Every Friday with Complimentary Wine, Non-Alcoholic Beverages, and Hot and Cold Appetizers
Our Dining Services consistently receive accolades from residents, families, and guests. The Commons Dining Room provides a gracious, casual, and comfortable dining experience. Take out is also available.
In addition to a three course meal offered at dinner, breakfast and lunch are provided in the Garden Café from 9 am to 4 pm. A variety of light fare menu items are provided, as well as take out orders.