If you know Westminster Woods at Huntingdon—as a resident, family member, business associate or friend—you know this is a special place. Our goal in all we do is to give residents the opportunity to live active, fulfilling lives in the company of caring neighbors and friends.
Charitable Care is the hallmark of all that we do at Westminster Woods at Huntingdon. In the history of this community, no resident has been asked to leave due to their inability to continue to pay for the total cost of their care. In 2008, charitable care was provided to 46 residents across all levels of care.
Gifts from residents, family members, and other friends in the form of memorials, tributes, bequests, gifts of insurance, and IRAs allow us to continue this mission. Gifts of any amount are gratefully received and there are many options for making a contribution, including arrangements that can provide income back to the donor.
Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Westminster Woods at Huntingdon. Below are specific funds that have been previously established
- Wandering Garden – A monitored and secure outdoor place for health care residents to gather for visits, exercise or contemplation.
- Bequests – Provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes on how their assets will be used by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of their choosing. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution so as to comply with state requirements.
- Memorial Gifts – Honor the life of a resident and recognize the loving care and service of the staff.
- Annual Mother’s Day Appeal/Spring Offering – to directly benefit the "Friends of the Woods" Auxiliary.
- Annual Harvest Home/Fall Offering – to directly benefit the "Friends of the Woods" Auxiliary.
- Community Enhancements – items that are needed and identified by residents and staff that are beyond the operating budget.
To discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference, contact Tom Koehle, Area Director of Resource Development, at (814) 312-6000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Chad Evans, Executive Director, at (814) 644-2001 or email: email@example.com.