THRIVE Wellness: Our Resident-Driven Approach To Wellness
Welcome to Thrive Wellness, exclusive to Presbyterian Senior Living communities.
What is Thrive Wellness?
Presbyterian Senior Living (PSL) firmly believes in promoting a culture of wellness that extends far beyond just fitness. Our Thrive Wellness program promotes a philosophy of engagement, purposeful living, and meaning in everyday life. Thrive Wellness is resident-driven, explicitly focusing on six dimensions of wellness.
This program was designed collaboratively, with PSL team members and residents working side-by-side, using resident surveys, focus groups, and smaller community group studies to ensure the program is a direct reflection of what residents want to see at their communities.
Thrive Wellness promotes a culture of wellness, engagement, and purposeful living to empower all individuals to live their best lives. This is not a calendar of activities. It’s a culture that encourages everyone to live, and experience life along six dimensions of wellness and purposeful living.
Collaboration is key:
Presbyterian Senior Living is committed to supporting the Thrive Wellness framework across the organization that is led by residents and supported by staff. Experience has shown us successful wellness initiatives can flourish when they are created, driven and implemented by stakeholders themselves.
Opportunities for exchange and growth from Presbyterian Senior Living’s network of distinctive communities:
Thrive Wellness will include sharing experiences and information from all communities between residents and team members. As each community experiences Thrive Wellness in its own way, we will encourage collaboration to enhance the culture of wellness. The main, overarching tenets and key principles of Thrive Wellness will span the entire organization.
Our Collective Commitment to Living Well
Key Principles of Thrive Wellness
- Resident driven
- Regular evaluation of engagement and value to residents for continual refinement of programming
- Transparent communication (honest feedback and information sharing)
- Appealing to all persons, care levels, team members and future residents
- Inclusive of all Six Dimensions of Wellness and Purposeful Living: Vocational, Spiritual, Intellectual, Physical, Social, and Emotional
- Promote and support opportunities to:
- Help each resident live the life that they choose to live
- Encourage residents in realizing their full potential
- Collaborate and offer intentional and self-directed ways in which residents can connect with others
- Interact and exchange through intergenerational connections
Contact Us to Learn More About Thrive Wellness
We're Here to Help. Let's Talk.
Thrive Wellness Updates
Presbyterian Senior Living Celebrates Volunteerism with Altruism Award
Longtime Cathedral Village resident Sarah West received this year’s honor for helping to improve...
By Alicia Fenstermacher
April 27th, 2023
Laughter is the Best Medicine
We have all been through some tough challenges over the past three years due to the Covid pandemic....
By Linda Cressman
April 20th, 2023
National Nutrition Month – Fuel for the Future
March is known as National Nutrition Month and this year’s theme is “Fuel for the Future.” This can...
By Ellen Celestial
March 30th, 2023