The Long Community at Highland always strives to create engaging events for our residents, family members, and the community. We offer endless opportunities for residents to create new friendships, guests to learn about community life, and family members to spend quality time with loved ones. Experience life at The Long Community at Highland. Join us for one of our community events.
Click below to view our Resident Events and Activities Calendars:
April 12th is National Grilled Cheese Day and we are offering tours and gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches in our Personal Care household in the Brightwood building for all guests from 1 to 2 p.m. Come join us to learn more about the unique offerings of The Long Community at Highland, meet our staff and sample grilled cheese like you have never had it before!
Our Personal Care neighborhoods accommodate a country kitchen with a dining room, living room, activity spaces and sunrooms. Our private Personal Care apartments include a kitchenette, open living plan, three closets, private bathrooms and all meals, medication management, assistance with daily living and activities. We accept short-term respite stays of seven days or more.
There is no charge for this event but reservations are necessary by Friday, April 5, 2019.
This educational presentation will have three parts and leave you with take-away tips to help you map out a successful transition to your next steps in retirement...even if retirement is not in your immediate future!
Transitioning with Care Owner, Bonnie Miller and agent Sabel McKinnie will talk about the downsizing process, selling your home and challenges to expect during the process. Jennifer Sciore, Sales Director at The Long Community at Highland, will talk about the different styles of 55 and older communities and what you will need to have in advance to move into a retirement community, and Diamond Estates Sales will give details of their services they provide such as Estate Sales, Consignment of your items, Appraisal Services and Cleanout Services.
There is no charge for this event but reservations are required by Friday, April 19, 2019.
Before moving into a retirement community, it is important to have your affairs in order and documents prepared ahead of time. Join us for this informative session presented by Attorney Shawn Pierson. He will be giving a presentation on estate planning and the importance of being prepared.
There is no charge for this event but reservations are necessary by Friday, May 10, 2019.
Please join us any time between 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. to kick off summer outside at the Kirkwood Courtyard and enjoy freshly grilled food and great fellowship. We will have hot dogs, hamburgers, baked beans, macaroni salad, watermelon and some cool yummy treats. Following lunch, we will be conducting tours of several apartment styles in the Kirkwood building. Bring a comfy lawn chair and enjoy the fun!
There is no charge for this event but reservations are necessary by Friday, June 14, 2019.
Thank you for joining us for the opportunity to get an exclusive look into rare immediate availabilities at The Long Community at Highland. For your convenience, we have listed below the available apartments this Spring/Summer season, and highlighting the features that set them apartment from the rest.
• 2400 Fourth Floor – 1,000 sq ft, one bedroom with den apartment. Gorgeous views from the highest floor of the building. First apartment to the right off of the Independent Living entrance elevator. Close to activity room on the 4th floor. Underground parking included.
• 2314 Third Floor – 795 sq ft, one bedroom apartment located right off of the elevator. Close proximity to the common areas that include the dining room, café, salon, doctor’s office, fitness center and meeting and activity rooms. Views of the main boulevard from the balcony.
• 2304 Third Floor – 1,200 sq ft, two bedrooms, two bathroom end unit. Rare opportunity, only four of this floor plan on the entire campus. Southeastern view facing the Skyline Park and skyline of Lancaster city. Lots of windows and sunlight. Underground parking included.
• 3111 Ground Floor – 1,000 sq ft, one bedroom with den apartment. Walk out patio to the Kirkwood courtyard which has picnic areas, gazebo and gardens. Underground parking included.
Contact us for more information or to schedule a tour of a specific apartment.
Join us for an outdoor event sponsored by Benchmark Construction, UPMC Pinnacle Lancaster, Gunterberg Charitable Foundation, CURA and Paul Davis Restoration featuring: food tastings from a variety of vendors, entertainment by Adam Blessing, wine tasting and lawn games followed by fireworks.
Where: The Home of Mary Burton & Laurent Horne
900 Sheaffer Road, Lancaster, PA
Cost: $40 per person / $75 per couple (checks payable to: The Long Community)
If you are planning a trip and need someone to care for your loved one while you are away consider Personal Care respite stays so your loved one can enjoy socialization, safety and security. We offer short-term respite stays that are affordable and easy to arrange. So while your loved one makes friends and enjoys great meals with the support of full-time nursing staff, you can enjoy peace of mind while you take care of you.
Not sure if your loved one is ready to move to Personal Care? This is also a perfect way to try Personal Care for a short time. They can stay for a seven day minimum to a 90 day maximum in order to experience the comfort of our apartments and make new friendships along the way. This includes:
• Relaxing in their own private room
• Discovering plenty of opportunities for engaging in conversations and friendships
• Enjoying delicious meals and snacks in a comfortable dining room
• Receiving 24-hour assistance with daily activities, medications and personal care
• Taking advantage of on-site beauty and barber services
• Being entertained through socially stimulating programs
• Rehabilitation services available if ordered by a physician
Respite stays are affordable and easy to arrange. Contact us for more information.
We're continually adding new events for all of our communities; bookmark this page and check back later to stay up to date.
Sign up to get an email notification when new events are posted.
Asistencia de idiomas disponible bajo petición. Para asistencia, comuníquese con la comunidad utilizando la información a continuación.
Hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ có sẵn theo yêu cầu. Để được hỗ trợ, vui lòng liên hệ với cộng đồng bằng cách sử dụng thông tin bên dưới.