Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Westminster Village at Allentown. Gifts of all sizes and many types are welcome in support of our charitable mission. There are a variety of projects and funds available, including funds for benevolent care, special capital improvements, scholarships for employees, and more. There are many options for making a contribution, including arrangements that can provide income back to the donor. Below are specific funds that have been previously established and generously supported by the friends and residents of Westminster Village.
- Westminster Village Room Redo Campaign – Help us raise $250,000 at Westminster Village at Allentown to renovate 57 healthcare rooms for residents including new flooring, updating bathrooms, wall coverings and window treatments. Long overdue changes are needed for healthcare residents. Download the Flyer.
- The Westminster Village Residents’ Circle Endowment Fund was founded and supported by independent living residents to generate funds to support improvements to the Westminster Village Health Care (nursing) Center. Many individuals in addition to residents have supported this Fund.
- Campaign Westminster: Giving for Living – the renovation of our 1966-constructed Westminster Village Health Center is the cornerstone of this $3.67 million project that is creating a new, secure, full-service neighborhood for 20 residents with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of memory impairment on the Health Center’s first floor; a unique Snoezelen Room; new care base stations, family rooms, improved activity areas and bathing spas; refurbishment of patient rooms and hallways; three-story Health Center dining pavilion with country kitchens; new physical/occupational therapy room; secure Celine’s Garden for residents with memory loss; new staff break area; and improved main entrance, landscaping and lighting.
- Unrestricted Gifts – unrestricted gifts of all sizes and many types go directly to charitable care to Westminster Village to support residents whose ability to meet the full cost of their care has been diminished. (Charitable care support is provided in complete confidentiality, and all residents are treated the same regardless of the source of their support.) This is part of our core mission that no one is ever asked to leave their Presbyterian Senior Living home due to having outlived their resources.
- Bequests – provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes for the use of their assets by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of choice. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution to comply with state requirements.
- Memorial Gifts - honor the life of a resident or other designee and recognize the loving care and service of the staff.
The following is our new Community Enhancements appeal. We ask that you consider supporting one of the items listed below as a way to support Westminster Village. Your annual gifts totaling $150 or more to any of our Community Enhancements projects will qualify you to be recognized as a member of the Founders' Club.
• Three Benches for the Newly-Paved Walking Path – Benches can be named in honor of a loved one – $2,000 each
• Senior-Friendly Patio Furniture - Outdoor tables and chairs for the patio – $7,500
• High-Low Power Adjustable Mat Table – Allows for wheelchair access and elevates so practitioner has back-saving access to the patient – $4,500
• Items for Daily Therapy – Step blocks, weighted balls, picture cards, balance board, foam balance beam, stairs, etc. – $50-$1,000
For Adult Day Services at Westminster Village
• It's Never 2 Late (iN2L) Memory Support System – A picture-based, touch-screen interface that engages, educational, spiritual and personalized content – $8,000
• 10 iPads – Will promote sensory stimulation and eye/hand coordination – $5,000
• 75-inch Flat Screen TV/Monitor – Large screen will make it easier for Day Services clients to watch movies and use the iN2L
System – $1,500
To discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference, contact Mindy Fetherman, Area Director of Resource Development, at (484) 523-3024 or email: email@example.com. You can also contact Nancy Bullivant, Executive Director, at (610) 782-8354 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.