Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Westminster Village at Allentown. Gifts of all sizes and many types are welcome in support of our charitable mission. There are a variety of projects and funds available, including funds for benevolent care, special capital improvements, scholarships for employees, and more. There are many options for making a contribution, including arrangements that can provide income back to the donor. Below are specific funds that have been previously established and generously supported by the friends and residents of Westminster Village.
- The Westminster Village Resident Circle Endowment Fund was founded and supported by independent living residents to generate funds to support improvements at Westminster Village. Many individuals in addition to residents have supported this Fund.
- Unrestricted Gifts – unrestricted gifts of all sizes and many types go directly to charitable care to Westminster Village to support residents whose ability to meet the full cost of their care has been diminished. (Charitable care support is provided in complete confidentiality, and all residents are treated the same regardless of the source of their support.) This is part of our core mission that no one is ever asked to leave their Presbyterian Senior Living home due to having outlived their resources.
- Bequests – provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes for the use of their assets by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of choice. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution to comply with state requirements.
- Memorial Gifts – honor the life of a resident or other designee and recognize the loving care and service of the staff.
The following is our new Community Enhancements appeal. We ask that you consider supporting one of the items listed below as a way to support Westminster Village. Your annual gifts totaling $150 or more to any of our Community Enhancements projects will qualify you to be recognized as a member of the Founder's Club.
- Adult Day Services – Remodel serving area and install ice machine – $10,000
- Beauty Shop - New chair, mirror and TV – $650
- 3 “Bellman” Carts – For residents to move groceries, etc. – $410 each
- Community Life Resources – Games, musical instruments, etc. – $25-$200
- Bariatric Floor Lift – For the Neighborhood of Hope – $4,005
- 10+ Items for Therapy Department – $44-$383
- Menu Covers for Dining Room – $2,680
- Renovate Seating Area and Bathrooms – Near Commons Dining Room – $39,000
To discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference, contact Mindy Fetherman, Area Director of Resource Development, at (484) 523-3024 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nancy Bullivant, Executive Director, at (610) 782-8354 or email: email@example.com.