8 Best Restaurants Near Glen Arm, Maryland, for Seniors
For seniors, it can be a challenge to find the right restaurant. Maybe parking isn’t easy, and you’re unable to walk far. Perhaps you’re just unfamiliar with an area and aren’t sure what options are available.Don’t let these challenges hold you back or let you miss some great dining experiences. Seniors living in Glen Arm, MD, have so many choices when it comes to dining. You can stay local and choose from great options or venture to the Baltimore area if you want a taste of urban living. Whether you’re close to home or taking a little trip, you can find wonderful choices for any occasion.
Here are some of the best dining options for seniors near Glen Arm, MD, or for senior travel to Baltimore.
Eating in Glen Arm
Seniors living in the Glen Arm area have access to some wonderful restaurants. Even if you can’t make it to Baltimore, you can still enjoy world-class cuisine. For seniors who want to stay a little closer to home, you can explore some of the highest rated restaurants in the area, including the ones listed below:
- Mission BBQ - If you’re in the mood for smoked brisket or a pulled pork sandwich, Mission BBQ is the perfect place for you. With a few locations in the Glen Arm area, you’ll never go wrong with this casual dining BBQ spot. You’ll leave with a full stomach and a great memory of your visit.
- Lib’s Grill - For a more upscale dining experience, you can try Lib’s Grill. Offering weekend brunch, lunch, and dinner, visitors will enjoy a variety of options, including a delicious raw bar with crab, clams, and more. Schedule a visit with your family and friends to celebrate an occasion or simply connect over a great meal.
- R&R Taqueria - Have you been craving authentic Mexican food? R&R Taqueria is known for its special tacos, and this dining spot has even been featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. This is a must-visit spot for anyone living in the area.
- Sunshine Grille - Are you looking for a great place to have breakfast? The Sunshine Grille is open all day, and it’s the perfect spot for a morning bite. Try one of the options on the long list of omelettes, or pick out a breakfast skillet. You can enjoy a cup of coffee with friends and start your morning off on the right foot.
Each of these options in the Glen Arm area can be the perfect setting for a senior outing. Whether you’re with your friends or your family, you’re sure to have an enjoyable time.
Eating in Baltimore
Baltimore is one of the biggest cities on the east coast and boasts almost 300 years of rich history. When you’re not sightseeing at the city’s Inner Harbor or touring famous sites like Fort McHenry, the inspiration for the “Star Spangled Banner,” you can find plenty of wonderful places to eat, especially ones focusing on the area’s abundance of seafood. Plus, if you’re a senior living in the Glen Arm area, getting to Baltimore is simple, since the city is just a mere half-hour drive away.
If you want to get out of your comfort zone and explore new cuisines and new restaurants, Baltimore has plenty of options to choose from. Here are some must-visit restaurants for seniors spending the day in Baltimore.
- Thames Street Oyster House - If you want delicious, fresh seafood, Thames Street Oyster House is at the top of the list. This famous establishment will offer not only mouth-watering seafood, especially oysters, for you to enjoy, you will also have a memorable experience. You’ll be thinking about how tasty the food was for years to come! Thames Street Oyster House is a popular spot, so be sure to make a reservation before your visit.
- Miss Shirley’s Cafe - For a top brunch spot, there’s no better choice than Miss Shirley’s Cafe. With two locations - one in the Inner Harbor and one in Roland Park - you have a couple of options if you want to try out this famous comfort food. Also, the locations are open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7:30 to 3:30 on Saturday and Sunday, making it the perfect breakfast option for seniors visiting Baltimore. Make sure to try the fried green tomatoes!
- Joe Benny's Focacceria - Joe Benny's Focacceria is an iconic and beloved Baltimore restaurant serving Sicilian-style pizza. Whether you’re getting one of their famous pizzas for yourself or to split, you’re sure to leave full. Trying Mimma’s Meatballs is a must for any visitor to Joe Benny’s.
- Lexington Public Market - As one of the oldest public markets in the country, Lexington Public Market is the perfect spot for a quick or adventurous bite. Founded in 1782, vendors have been serving food here for centuries. Not only is this a must-see tourist attraction, it’s also a great location to try almost any type of food you can think of, made by the market’s 70+ vendors.
Glen Arm is an ideal area for seniors to spend this season of their lives. Seniors in the Glen Arm area have so many exciting dining options, there are simply too many to list. When you take the time to explore not only this area, but the Baltimore urban center, you’re sure to find a cuisine and dining experience for any occasion.
Plus, if you’re a resident of a senior living community like Glen Meadows Retirement Community, you will have plenty of opportunities to explore the area. Top communities like Glen Meadows plan outings for senior residents, often exploring the surrounding restaurants. You’ll always be entertained and trying new things when you choose a great senior living community.
Want to learn more about Glen Meadows? Schedule a visit to explore the community today.